Thursday, April 8, 2010

International Adoptions in Haiti Resume?

I just recieved a note from the State Dept. saying that the issuing of Humanitarian Parole Visas for Haitian Orphans in process will come to an end on April 14, and:

"The government of Haiti has already begun accepting new documents for adoption cases and the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince has resumed regular processing."



I will be interested in seeing how this goes after all the hoopla caused by certain "humanitarian" groups.  FYI, I am done adopting from Haiti,  but have recieved many inquiries from others that are interested in it.

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

I hope it opens again! I did read that they may not be allowing singles who are not divorced to adopt, which pretty much quashes my plans...!

daily scripture