Sunday, May 24, 2009

Goofing Off

After a hard week we are just pretty much goofing off on this long week-end. If I can get some housework caught up that will be bonus points.

The girls did well at *Summer School*. They had their ups and downs. ( Not sure I did as well my first week back to work, I had my ups and downs as well.) They started, and were of course, very shy and withdrawn, did not want to eat the food (which I anticipated, and therefore packed lunches) and Princess Pistolero cried the first day when I left. But they adjusted more easily with each passing day and by Friday the director was impressed and happy with how much they were coming out of their shell. Little Miss Lady yelled "Bye" to everyone when we left which made them all laugh. I'm hearing more English, slang included, as in 'yeah' for yes, at least from my baby.
At home, adjustments continue. They are getting more comfortable, I can tell, because they act more like kids, but understand their boundaries ( and my limits) better. Tyler has regressed a little. I think he is just jealous and depressed about his lack of attention from me. He's just a grumpy little corgi. My other dogs spend alot of time outside and are not as impacted; he has always been inside and pretty much the center of attention. Princess is still scared of him and screams and gets all herky-jerky around him which freaks him out and so he is not exactly warmed up to her. But Miss Lady is more relaxed and has learned how to pet him, not scream and jerk around. Hopefully this will all resolve itself. Soon.

Tyler's face tells the real story here.

The girls still love the camera and often want to pose for photos and videos. Miss Lady gets very hammy which is funny, but it does not capture her true nature and I am going to try to sneak up on her with the camera more often***wish me luck with that!

She is just so very beautiful in her natural state, and I'd like to catch more of her that way.

Speaking of hams....

I'm going to attempt to do hair tomorrow for the first time, the fancy braids are getting little fuzzy. Should make for and interesting day!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck with the hair! Glad your first week back went so well. Yay, for a 3 day weekend!

Janet said...

Hair day should be fun! Let me know if you need help

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Good luck with the hair...just remmeber there are many of us treading the same waters of "learning to be proficient" with hair styles. It does get easier with each style you do.

Give yourslf a lot of time so you don't feel cramped for time on any commitments. Reduces stress level!! LOL

Aves

Laurie said...

How did you do with the girls hair? Looking forward to seeing photos.

Sarah said...

Beautiful girls! I don't envy you having to learn hair, but I do envy that it must be a wonderful bonding experience :) I love seeing all the pics!

veggiemom said...

Sounds like things are going really well. Good luck with the hair. I can't wait to see how it comes out.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful.

Let me know if you need any help or support with post adoption stuff.

daily scripture