Sunday, October 4, 2009

MiA

I've never neglected this blog for such a long period. There are things going on right now that I can't discuss on a public forum. Truth be told, I could use a few prayers.

Things with the girls are going pretty well, and especially under the circumstances. I am working long, long, crazy hours, and on top of that, we have gone thru a long season of illness which has included several bouts of H1N1, (more than two) and a hospitalization. I posted in anger about this a few days ago and felt compelled to take it down because my blog is not private. Let me just say that no one likes experiencing that their job might be in jeopardy. Not in this economy. Not when you are the sole provider for your family.

It feels weird to express this. No one likes a whiner or a complainer. It goes against my nature.

I vacillate alot between being really angry at things I have no control over and blaming myself. I'm also very tired. I no longer understand this world where the job is the most important thing in the world. Because I know in my heart and soul, that's a lie. Important, yes. The most important thing in existence? Uh...no.

But I do OK if I stick close to God and just take it one day at a time. I know He is bigger than any ridiculous political situation. Or any earthly situation, for that matter.

I also want to thank Janet, my former husband and his family, and my sons for their very real support. One way or another, I will make it thru this.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm sorry you're going through all these trials. I went through some similar stressful work issues lately and it's hard to say anything when there's something big that you can't talk about because of being concerned that someone might see it. Being stressed about work and single parenting isn't being a whiner, not at all. I'll be praying for God to give you strength and wisdom as He guides you through these tough situations.

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking of you a lot esp after I went to comment on your post and it was gone. It sure sounds like it's been rough lately. You are in my prayers.

Not Betty Crocker said...

I've missed your writing but totally understand. I hope the yucky stuff goes away soon! Wish I was closer so I could help. Hang in there-you're in my prayers.

Lila

blessedfamily said...

Praying for you Marta! I know what you are going through. God will make a way.

Sarah said...

I didn't see your removed post, but I've been thinking about you these past few days. I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Like Lila said, I wish I was closer to help! But I am glad to see that you have a support system in place to help out in these tough times (((Hugs)))
Sarah

veggiemom said...

Sorry you're having such a rough time right now. Hope things settle down and smooth out soon. Thinking of you...

Janet said...

You know I am just a phone call away if you need anything I am there. Praying for you!
Janet

Thomas said...

I will be thinking of you and praying that all things good and just come your way. A lot of us out there in the blog world feel a kinship towards you and hope only the best things for you and your family!!

Lisa said...

Marta,

So sorry to hear things are tough right now, I know there are no words that can really ease the stress brought on by this! Please know I'm thinking of you and your family, and hoping that something is resolved VERY soon!

Take care,
Lisa

daily scripture