Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Turnaround

Just a short update on the situation I last posted about:

Until Monday, I had 4 superiors. Now I have 3. My immediate supervisor was let go.

The tension has lifted, and I feel free to do my job again. The managers I supervise feel the same. It's like we've been living a bad dream for the last 5 months. When things get this bad, I feel like all the life gets sucked out of me. The things that usually bring me joy seem meaningless, I feel flat. So I am looking forward to a return to my life. I knew I could not and did not want to continue that way. Even after 14 years it was forcing me to look elsewhere.

Apparently I was not the only one who felt this was a bad fit.

I do hate for anyone to lose their job, and I pray this person finds another one. But this person leaving was the best thing that could have happened to this establishment.

This was not the same person that chided me about my sick leave. So that may continue to be an issue.

It's amazing that I have struggled with so much of this for months, I post it and get an outpouring of support, and then it changes the next day!!! You guys are amazing!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear about that. I hope work becomes a happier place now. What a relief. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you don't feel stomped down anymore :) we miss your posts, and i also pray for abundant health for your little Camp Osceola!

smooches!

Janet said...

I am so happy to hear this!

Lisa said...

YEAH!! Things are looking up!! So glad to hear you are feeling better about things!

veggiemom said...

I'm glad there was some positive change. Hopefully that will things better for you all around.

Calico Sky said...

So so glad that things are better for you.

daily scripture