Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ti Gason

This will be a quickie.  My computer at home is down and I am at the library WITH MY LITTLE BOY! 

Late in the evening of my last post, I recieved several frantic phone calls.  I did not hear any of them because I was in bed with the girls and knocked out like a light.  Finally my older son came to the door and said "somebody must be trying to get ahold of you"...it was 10pm. 

It was a messege from the orphanage director...Stevenson was on the plane!!!  Getting ready to land in Miami!!!  Wait...What???

The next morning I loaded up the girls and drove to Orlando, stayed with a friend.  The day after that Ava and I droved to Miami, picked him up at the children's home and drove back to Orlando.  The day after that we drove home. 

He was so scared when he came into that room at the children's home.  Totally shell shocked.  It was great that I had Ava with me.  She started playing with him and he came out of that in about 15 minutes.  He has been doing pretty well at home.  He is very funny.  He calls Lucas 'ti gason' (little boy)...he calls the girls 'ti fi' and sometimes 'madame'.  He calls me madame, sometimes mama blan.  His heart has alot of healing to do, and I don't really think he knows what is going on.  He misses his first mama alot, I can tell.  So we have alot of work ahead of us.

I will post more with pictures, when I get my computer going again, but I just wanted everyone to know we are home and doing fine!

8 comments:

Thomas said...

So, so, so, happy for you that he is home!

Salzwedel Family said...

Hooray! SO GLAD you are home with your son!

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Congratulations!!! Oh the changes you have had this year....life is funny isn't it...Are you up for a visit from some Northeners this summer?...we are rolling the idea around in our minds...Mim wants to come, we will also visit my Bro & SIL in LA. Let me know....just asking at this point.
Aves

Jennifer said...

I tried to comment at work; don't know if it went through.
I am so glad you are home and WITH your son this time. Welcome home, Stevenson! I bet having his sisters with him will be a great help at home.

Unknown said...

bring me that computer so you can get those pictures on here!!

Love
L

Laurie said...

Yeahhhhh - I am so happy for you. Bless his little heart as he adjust to his new family & life. Hugs to you Momma, I know the transition isn't easy for anyone. Can't wait to see photos.

Unknown said...

I am so happy he is finally home!

Hugs, Addie

Steph, G's Mom said...

Marta I am so happy for you!!! That poor little baby.....I pray he heals with the love of his brothers sisters and mama blan ;) please keep us posted. Thinking of you and reaaallllly wishing I could take a trip to ga in the near future!

daily scripture