Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Part Of The Miracle


Haiti from Compass Church on Vimeo.

He got some his facts wrong, as he was told the story second hand, (ie I'm not a school teacher, but my salary is equivalent to that!  And Elle would die if she knew he called her Ellie, lol) but the result was that we reached our entire goal in one week! It was amazing!

Our church rocks but it's not huge. It's not rich. Right now it's running 12% unemployment. But they met the need, and it totally overwhelms me. They blew their own selves away with what they did.  Grown men and women were crying.  I did not cry.  I might cry when it's all over, but right now there is still too much work to do.  But God does not surprise me anymore by what He does when it comes to Haiti.

The majority of the money goes to Marie. Some of it will go towards adoption fees on the US side.

Truely a miracle.

7 comments:

blessedfamily said...

That is AWESOME! Praise GOD from WHOM all blessings flow! Great Job Compass! Great job!!

Salzwedel Family said...

I just cried the tears for you! Amazing!

Lena Just Lena said...

God is great. All the time. No matter what.

Laurie said...

I am so happy for you. What a wonderful gift to your family. School teacher or not I know as a single Mom I don't have $8,000 so what a amazing gift to receive. Can't wait to hear Stevenson is on his way home.

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy for you. Esp with all the stress, to have this kind of support,emotionally and financially, will really help you tremendously. Continuing to pray.

Glady said...

He s very Captivating Martam I want to go to his Church :) Praise God

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Amazing Video...God certainly is wonderful!!!

Aves

daily scripture