Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jellin'


Stevenson started Kindergarten yesterday.  He looked pretty scared when I left him there with his huge language barrier, but I knew he would be OK, and he was.  For everything the kid has been thru in the last 2 months I figured this was one of the easier hurdles.  And he was pretty excited when I picked him up yesterday.  I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon :) but for now, he's good.

He is a quiet boy, well behaved, until he gets around his sisters and then they are a wild bunch, let me tell you!  After school I took him up to the church yard so he could ride his bike.  He was mad because his sisters are very fast without their training wheels, and they are also old enough to ride around the neighborhood a little bit by themselves, and he feels left out.  His time will come soon enough!

People ask me if this is just so much harder now, but so far the reality is, it's been easier since he has been here.  I know that sounds strange.  It's more work physically, keeping up with laundry, cleaning, and getting three of them up and on the bus at 6:45am, but we are jelling as a family unit; the girls are more at ease, and even though they get mad at him (alot) for little boy reasons, they love him and love to play with him and take care of him.  And so, that makes things easier.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

6:45AM? 6:45AM? OMG, my mind went numb after reading that and the room started buzzing around me!

Congrats on the jellin' and it was so nice to see the pictures! Keep on, keeping on. But 6:45AM, somebody needs to write you a note and excuse you from that hideous bus time!!!

Jennifer said...

Isn't it great when everthing just "clicks"? It is so great to see them all together!

daily scripture