Friday, November 9, 2007

A milestone I missed

When your children are older when you are adopting them, you accept that you will miss many milestones in their lives. I missed their *first* Barbies! Yes, I sent them, but I could not be there when they received them. Oh well, I wanted them to have one, even if the Barbies were destined to be put away in the closet. Which they were, for safekeeping after these photos were taken.



I am so grateful to another PAC mom for taking these things to them and for the pictures!


8 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

It's hard isn't it?

Barbie makes a great gift-every little girl should have one.

Lila

Janet said...

Your girls are beautiful and I love their new dresses.

This Mama said...

Oh - I thought these photos were so great of your girls!....the dress story was so funny, what are the chances?

Marta said...

I have asked permission to post the picture of the mother daughter dress but I have not heard back from her yet. I thought it was TOO funny not to post on my blog, hopefully she will say OK. Yesterday I was thinking "now if I could just find that same dress for myself, the circle would be complete!" LOL

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

The girls are beautiful. I think Elle becomes even more beautiful each time I see her, and of course Simone has always had that grace and charm about her.

Aves

Jenn said...

Being that we were in Haiti together when you met your girls for the first time, they have a special place in my heart. They get more gorgeous every time I see them!

Not Betty Crocker said...

In answer to your question, yes, feel free to link my blog on yours.

Lila

veggiemom said...

Love the smiles!
Kerri and Ruby

daily scripture