Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Nashville Wedding

Who says you can't find love later in life?



Mom and I traveled to my cousin's near Nashville over the week-end for my aunt's wedding. We were supposed to leave early in the day on Friday, but I had to take my Jeep in for an oil change. Then she presented me with a pair of dress pants for altering that she wanted to wear at the wedding. I thought she only wanted them hemmed, so I thought, no biggie even though they were lined. Turned out she needed the waist taken in too. Georgette fabric underlined with fine flannel, in addition to the regular lining! 4 hours later (!) I was ready to take the dog to the kennel, then finally, and we hit the road at 5:30 pm for a 4.5 hour drive!

The wedding was at the house on Saturday. My cousin's wife Wendy put the whole thing together, because otherwise, they would have done nothing fancy at all, and Wendy wanted her to have her day. Auntie had eloped at 17 the first time around. She had 6 kids, and has put on multiple weddings for her own children (which I have been part of many times) so on this day, so many years later, and thousands of miles away from our birth homes, we celebrated love again.


And expanded our family


We celebrated a happy day! I was proud of Auntie, she is 73 and snagged herself a 61 year old! Way to go!

Sadly, on Sunday, we had to say good-bye. At least for now!

1 comment:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Thanks for sharing this story..it is always nice to know that love can come later in life!!

Aves

daily scripture