Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More Water

Yes, I'm a little obsessed with this topic. This was in the paper today.http://onlineathens.com/stories/011608/news_20080116073.shtml

I'm still getting a water barrell.

Don't get me wrong. I am trained to conserve water. When I first moved here and people just let water run out of the tap unheeded and oblivious to it, I would just FREAK OUT! It took along time to accept that water was something we had here in overabundance. So different from the American West. This recent drought has opened alot of eyes. Most folks around here won't take water for granted anymore, and that is good. What has been difficult for me is watching the local and state government do nothing about it for years, seeing it get worse and worse, then all of a sudden restricting beyond reason, out of fear, and initially with no warning. And, no plan! The lack of foresight boggles my mind. The thought of not at least a few flowers was driving me to despair! But...


I'M GETTING A RAIN BARRELL!

And, I'm determined to have some flowers next spring and summer!!!

*******************************

I just went out and took this picture...it's snowing! Not too often does that happen around here. The bad news is that it is supposed to turn to sleet/ice by morning, and we have a big event in Atlanta at the State Capitol tomorrow. That should make things interesting....



1 comment:

A Blessed Life said...

Thanks for sharing about the rain barrel idea. My little garden never does as well if I have to water it instead of God :). I think it's the chlorine in the water. The rain barrel might be just the ticket. Thanks!

daily scripture