Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Grandpa, Dad (left) and my uncle (right) circa 1932


My dad passed away 3 years ago this month. In fact, it was 4 days after Father's Day. If your dad is still alive don't forget to call him. I did not call him that day, and it is one my true regrets in life. Why didn't I call him? Because he had nine kids, and it's worse than trying to get thru to Haiti on a day like that! So I told my selfish self I would do it later in the week. Oh yes, I called later in the week, but he wasn't there.

It has been pretty hard to forgive myself for that one. The only thing that saves me is I know that where he is, he forgives me for my imperfections, and they are many. I know without any doubt what-so-ever that he loved me with all of his heart. And still does.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

(((Hugs)))) Marta. I'm sorry for the loss of your father. And I'm sorry that you are hurting because you didn't call him. Just know you're not alone. I had the chance to spend the afternoon golfing with my dad the day before he died, and I didn't go. I have cried rivers of tears over that mistake.

God bless you, my friend.
Sarah

daily scripture