Monday, June 15, 2009

All In A Day

This may have to become my all-time favorite photo of these two!



Some of you have asked me for some Princess Pistolero stories. They are not all silly or funny. For instance, she was in meltdown mode all day yesterday because I did not do the bottom row of her braids to her satisfaction. After almost 8 hours of hair and a severely cramped left hand, I did not intend to make this minor adjustment, thus the meltdown. But...then we met some friends, we went to Barnes and Noble for the first time, and then went to the Mexican restaurant, and she was back to her silly sunny self.

And no, I did not redo her braids. Perhaps that seems heartless to some of you, but as I wrote in my previous post, she tests every limit, and as hard as it can be sometimes, she has to learn that there are some. My palsied hand testified.

If you ever met her, chances are the person you would see would act shy, quiet and polite. It would be awhile before you saw this:




5 comments:

Janet said...

Glad to see her back to her self. She looked so pitiful yesterday!lol

Lisa said...

Marta,
That little clip was adorable! Thanks for sharing the up's and down's! WOW! Eight hours of hair, I think I'm glad a little boy is coming our way!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Oh, that pic is so cute!!
Next time you will do the braids correctly, won't you?
She sure has an infectious little giggle!

Steph, G's Mom said...

Hey how come I remember doing 8 hours of hair on only ONE kid? LOL

When you lose the hand due to petrification, then consider Locs :)

They look great, and boy I remember those stories of meltdowns for simple reasons. But it sounds like you have a strong-willed one there, and I commend you for leaving the braids as is.....as I like to say, if I don't establish who is boss and follow through with what i say NOW, when she is 13 yrs old she'll take me OUT. I'm just waiting for her to learn the eyeroll and "whatEVER" pose. LOL

Awesome clip!

sarah said...

Zac has watched that video of your girls now 3 or 4 times and wanted all his siblings to watch it too. It is so cute!

daily scripture