Sunday, August 23, 2009

It Begins...Again



The other day I informed the girls I was going to have to work on Saturday. My older one wanted to argue with me about that...."NO! You're not supposed to work on Saturday!" As much as I wanted to AGREE with her, it's not the reality, and it'll get a whole lot worse before it gets better! First home game is not until September 12 (South Carolina) and that is the good news. Usually we open on Labor Day week-end. The bad news is it's a night game. Fans may love that but employees hate it. Long, long days, and super-drunks galore. We can't sell beer or liquor but that does not slow them down. Fun times!


Yesterday, they were getting geared up for it all.

Picture-perfect day for Bulldog fans Uganews OnlineAthens.com

Janet is the greatest and had the girls over for a play date while I worked. They are beginning to trade clothes and toys. It's so funny. They got their nails painted with decals added and made jewelry. They had a ball! We are so blessed to live close by. Especially for my girls, who remember everything about Haiti; it's a good anchor and a touch point for them to have these friends, in a world where everything else is so different.




5 comments:

Janet said...

Thank you Marta! Your girls are awesome and welcome anytime. TnT asked to go to bed at 8 pm last night they were so tired from all the playing.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

I am envious of your close location to each other...I so wish I had someone living close by to me, if not for anything else, but playdates once in a while for the girls and then of course someone near by I can talk to now and then who understands adoption related issues.

Aves

Lisa said...

Oh, they look so happy and beautiful together. You are lucky, what a wonderful thing for all of the girls!

Jennifer said...

How great for the girls to have a homeland connection and friends to boot! Hope you are enjoying your day off today!
Jenny

Calico Sky said...

I've never heard of a First Home Game, but it sounds quite unique!

What a beautiful picture! I'm thinking a lot about adoption from Haiti!

daily scripture