Friday, February 22, 2008

Corgi Love

Tyler Carey, still my youngest son


Anyone that follows this blog has figured out that I love dogs. It's a miracle I only have 3. I don't go to the fabric store on Saturdays anymore because it is next to the best pet store in town, and they do pet adoptions every week-end. Invariably I want to take a dog home with me, and have to fight with myself all the way through the parking lot to get out of there. I am already up to my ears in adoption and pets.


I have 2 rescue dogs. A very old golden retriever, abandoned as a puppy on the side of the road many years ago. She was my only dog for quite a few years, and what a beautiful treasure she is! I also have a chow-golden retriever mix that I found at the pound in Anderson South Carolina as a 3 month old puppy. She is sweet to her family, but is the best watch dog I will ever have. If she doesn't know you, she is not letting you in, so be warned!


Then I have my Welsh Pembroke Corgi. Up until this month I always called him my youngest son, and he acts that way! However, he turned 2 this month, which makes him 14 in dog years, and the same age as L, so he barely qualifies as my youngest son anymore, and I am trying to get out of the habit of calling him that. Yes, he is one of those dogs that acts like a person, not a dog. He's bossy and full of himself. He's also LOUD, demanding loving, loyal, funny, playful, and sweet. There is a lot of corgi love out there on the net. Corgis have funny expressive faces and seem to take on human qualities. Corgi owners think their little dogs rule.



Yes, he has a mohawk!



I found this video and it makes me laugh. Somehow the girl that did the cartooning has captured the essence of this breed in her drawings as well as her story. When I get to the point in my hour/day/week/month where I can no longer wrap my head around Haitian adoption and all it's complicated and mind-bending scenerios, I play this video, I look at my dog, I throw the ball, and I laugh. Its all good.




1 comment:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

My two, Heath and Einie are Corgi/Scottie Mixes. Einie has more of that Corgi personality,
and Heath has more the Scottie personality..they are both BIGGER than life attitudes. So funny!! Dogs are the best...........

Aves

daily scripture