Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's Official....

Angel holding the angel necklace I gave her at Christmas

Her birth certificate was viewed and her age is correct. I had questions about it, mainly because she has lost her baby teeth so late, by our standards, anyway. So far I can't find any information on why this would be the case, except that she may have gotten her first teeth late. I suppose that could be due to developmental delay. Anyone who has ever met Haitian children sees immediately how small they are.
And no, still no news from IBESR.

4 comments:

This Mama said...

Wow - did Is let you know then? I am so suprised! But I think loosing the teeth late is not such a bad thing at all!

~Mandy

alejandra said...

hi! I am alejandra, from argentina. I am adopting a baby through ROTH. Tomorrow he will be 9 months old, and yesterday he had his first tooth.
so, yes, it seems to be delayed developmentally (sorry, I am not english speaker!)
alejandra
www.adoptandoenhaiti.blogspot.com

Marta said...

Hi Ajelejandra:
Como esta? I have seem you post on HA. I have two bio children, my oldest son did not have his first tooth till 12 months old, and he weighted 29 lbs at 12 months old so he was not behind! My younger son got his first tooth at 4 months old. So kids are just different. They both lost their baby teeth at about 6 years. My daughters in Haiti are almost 3 years apart and losing thier baby teeth at the same time. It is a mystery!!!!

Sarah said...

What a pretty girl! Hatfield did not have any teeth at 12 months (I think she was around 13 months), and she lost her first tooth around 7 1/2 I think? They came out all at once right after that. . .I love those toothless grins--they certainly make for the cutest pictures!

daily scripture