Sunday, February 17, 2008

Got Kids?????


Yes, I believe it is a giant slingshot. I found it as I was poking around in the yard yesterday.

Kids are so funny. The things they come up with! I don't post about my teenage son a whole lot. He is a pretty laid back guy, into his friends, video games, and whatever is going on at school. He does like to read, but I don't have to force him to play outside. He'll stay outside for hours kicking a soccer ball or shooting his pellet gun. And apparently making giant slingshots. He thinks girly things are pretty dumb, but he tolerates me. When we go to the movies now, we often don't go to the same film. I mean, I just could not sit through the latest installment of Rambo, but he was dying to see it. So I went to my movie, he went to Rambo, and we met in the lobby afterwards. The other thing is that because his father and I have joint custody, he is not with me all of the time. Half of what happens in his life does not happen on my watch, and I really hate that and always have. But, the good thing is my boys' dad has always been in their life. Yesterday afternoon though, my son called me and asked me to please come get him from his dad's house. It was 24 hours too soon. Usually I try to get him stick it out, not for my benefit, because I miss him, but because I don't want him manipulating the situation, and because I do want him to have his time with his father. But he sounded so pitiful, and said he just could not take it anymore this week-end. The problem is the step-mother, and I am just going to leave it at that without elaborating. Both of my boys have had tremendous problems with this person.

So....I caved, and went and got him. I dont think the step-mother was unhappy to see him leave early, but his dad was. My son did have a surprise belated Valentines Day gift for me , which I was not expecting. It was a very expensive bottle of perfume accompanied by the complimentary body lotion. I thanked him, but wondered how in the world he afforded it. He said his dad paid for it.


That left me feeling just a little strange.... But I will say, my son did a good job of picking it out, he has good taste!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Makes you wonder what he launched? You're not missing a cat or anything....

Jenn said...

ok...this made me laugh. I can totally see my 12 year old son doing the same thing. At least he is using his imagination!

daily scripture