Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday!

My son turned 15 on Sunday. The years fly by so fast. They fly by faster the older they get.







I love the look of pride of his face after he blew out all the candles! I wish Blogger liked scanned images better, I have one of him at the age of 2 blowing out his birthday candles and the same look of satisfation on his face.

Generally I make the kids birthday cakes, it's just our tradition. See Dina the golden retriever lurking under the table? About 10 years ago, I left L's unfinished unfrosted birthday cake on the counter to cool. When I came back into the kitchen, Dina had eaten most of it. Never mind that chocolate can kill dogs. I was mad! And obviously, it had no negative effect on the dog. That was one time L got a birthday cake from the store. I don't leave cakes on the counter anymore. I put them on top of the refrigerator!


My older son came for dinner and it was good to see him as always!

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Happy belated birthday.

RUN FOR FUN OVER 50 said...

Happy Birthday L!!!

Still holding on for good news. I wish I had some great words to keep you joyful and strong in the wait, but sometimes there just aren't any words to say, so I sit here quietly waiting with you and I am thinking of you and praying for some good news.

Aves

RUN FOR FUN OVER 50 said...

Happy Birthday L!!!

Still holding on for good news. I wish I had some great words to keep you joyful and strong in the wait, but sometimes there just aren't any words to say, so I sit here quietly waiting with you and I am thinking of you and praying for some good news.

Aves

daily scripture