Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tornado Saturday

Moving east and coming right for us

We have spent the afternoon listening to the weather radio trying to be prepared. It has literally been one alert on top of the other, as the storm cells have broken up and spread themselves all over North Georgia. We had one severe storm system that came straight thru here, but fortunately nothing funneled down. L and I were ready with our mattresses in the interior hallway just in case!


If you have never seen golf ball size hail, here is your opportunity! In this part of the country, this is NOT good news!

Here comes the sun!

It was all over in about 10 minutes. You know the old saying.

"Don't like the weather in Georgia? Just wait 30 minutes!"

5 comments:

veggiemom said...

Yuck! Glad you're okay.
Kerri and Ruby

RUN FOR FUN OVER 50 said...

You and J were on my mind when I saw your state was gettting hit with a tornado......I'm glad all is well and I am still hoping for some good news for you and the girls.

Aves

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. That hail is wicked!

Sarah said...

Glad to hear you're okay! I signed on just to see if you posted about your safety and area's condition. . .tornadoes are s-c-a-r-y!

Sarah C.

This Mama said...

I was thinking of you guys as well - I am glad all is ok and thanks so much for sharing the hail pics (eek!)
Lets hope this is the last of the big storms this season!
Take care
Mandy

daily scripture