Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our Kids In Haiti

I'm scrambling around for paperwork and funds.  Please, please pray that it all comes together.  My son is coming home, and Lord, I have to be ready.


The situation on the ground in Haiti is as I feared it would become.  Beyond bad.  The Joint Council released news last night that was very discouraging.  Running out, some orphanages completely out, of food and water and fuel.  Difficult to transport kids, and dangerous.  The embassy is surrounded by people desperate to get in so they can get out of Haiti.  There is no food, water, or 'facilities' at the Embassy.  HOWEVER! We have a wonderful advocate gaining entry into the country today.  Marie has been working on her end of the paperwork and this person will eventually be processing the kids out of there.  There is much work to do in between and some of it is dangerous.  There is no way for these kids to avoid danger at this point, so we must pray for their safety and their release.

For me specifically here is my biggest obstacle(that I am aware of)...I redid my fingerprints in March.  They are in the database at USCIS...somewhere....old case is closed, but those fingerprints are not 15 months old...FBI says new fingerprints are two weeks out even expidited...USCIS are the people that need the prints.The irony is  they actually have them from my previous case but they don't know it and/or can't/won't use them; how crazy is that?  Do they not get that this is an EMERGENCY?

Haiti fatigue.  It's setting in even as the situation gets worse down there. 

4 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Here's praying for Stevenson's homecoming and things fall into place in a timely matter.
Aves

Jennifer said...

Contacted both of my Senators today to have them advocate for security, water, etc at the Embassy for the children. Something has to be done. Praying for you and the children and all the people of Haiti.

Laurie said...

It is such a devastating situation. I hope Stevenson makes it home safely really soon. Wow your going to be a Mommy to three little ones. Congratulations!

laura said...

Haiti fatigue is a great word. Its so hard to be constantly on alert to fid out what is happening with our kids. So many unknowns and incorrect information. I did see on the gov website that if your fingerprints are not up to date, don't try to go get them again, they can re run them if they are in the system. Imagine being that efficient. I don't know why they don't do that all the time. By now you have probably already seen that.

I feel guilty feeling so stressed out when I know it has to be 1000's of times worse being there.

Hope to see you in Orlando soon picking up your son, Yes, I am sending out all sorts of vibes that the kids get sent right in here. Lots of Haiti flights coming here, why not our kids.

daily scripture