Monday, January 18, 2010

Our Local Church

Saturday we had a church meeting, in which I asked the Youth Pastor to pray for Haiti and gave him a short synopsis of the situation with Stevenson.  I knew they were planning on praying for Haiti on Sunday and I wanted to jump in the loop. I was asking for the Lord to smooth the way for Stevensons journey home.  We need all the help we can get!  Wesley called me later and asked me if it would be ok to make the donation request specific to Stevenson and our family.  This is the blog post they sent out on Saturday eveing.

***********************************


I’m sure your hearts have been heavy as you’ve heard and seen the devastation in the aftermath of this week’s earthquake in Haiti. Our immediate reaction at seeing something so tragic is wondering how to best respond to help alleviate the suffering. You may be wondering how we as a church can respond to this tragedy.


Tomorrow, at the end of our service we will be taking up a special offering for Haiti. We have a unique opportunity to reach out in a way that is very personal, and will make an impact for years to come. Please come ready to be generous tomorrow as our Pastor, Jim, shares with you the opportunity we have as a church to be generous and reach out in a powerful way.

James 1:27 says “Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.”

Compass, tomorrow we’re going to get as pure and genuine as we can get. I can’t wait!

*******************************

The response was overwhelming, both in terms of moral support and monetary means.  I am so grateful and overwhelmed!  God is great and God is moving! I will write more about this later, but I just wanted to SHOUT OUT to God for his grace and mercy.


Compass Church, you rock!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great church community! Praying for Stevenson!

Rumo Mom said...

He is coming home mamma, he is really coming home!!!!!!!!!!

daily scripture