Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Topsy Turvey

What a topsy-turvey week this has been.  Been told to expect our babies home at anytime since Friday, running around desperately trying to finish my homestudy update,  having the chruch raise the entire amount for the adoption fees (!!!!) and then having the entire process put on ice.  Sickingly wondering if they would ever come home.  Hurting for myself, Stevenson, the girls, Lucas, and all our friends going thru the same.

It's been the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows. Yesterday I was so depressed I could barely function. And yet somehow I knew we were not done yet, no matter how discouraging the news.  So I held on to that gift of deep knowledge. It really is difficult to go thru all these extremes.    Right now it looks as though it's all going to work out.  The State Department and USCIS and the Embassy in PAP, and the Orphanages, and most of all, individuls on the ground, in ways big and small, working now to resolve the issues, move forward, and get these kids home. 

Pray for us.  We need all the help we can get!

4 comments:

Thomas said...

Consider it done. Prayers for you and Stevenson will be storming heaven.

RUN FOR FUN OVER 50 said...

Quite frankly, I can't even imagine what you are going thru. I watch the posts on the yahoo PAC group and I cheer when things seem to be falling into place, and then I plummet when it all falls apart and I am not even waiting for someone to come home...I am praying for everyone waiting for their child(ren) homecoming...

Aves

Jennifer said...

Thinking of you all the time. Praying for Stevenson and the other children with families to get home. Thanks for keeping us updated. Rollercoaster doesn't even begin to describe what you and others have been through in the past couple weeks.

Laurie said...

Your in my thoughts & prayers. Hoping all the children in the process can come home to thier families.

daily scripture