Monday, April 7, 2008

49 Years


It's official. As of today, I have lived for 49 years on this planet. I don't know that I have anything profound to say about this. I know that 10 years ago I was freaking out about being 39, about turning 40, even though I had heard my mother and her friends repeat the old adage "life begins at 40" my whole life. I am happy to admit that this is something she was right about. After 40, I became much more comfortable in my own skin.
Some people were surprised when I chose to adopt my girls, who are beautiful, but older. Well, I am older! As we all know, older children become more difficult to place. However, for me, it was the perfect choice. I would have been 40 and 42 if I had birthed them. My younger son and my older daughter only have a 6.5 year age gap between them. It worked out perfectly for us.
The most fabulous birthday gift I could recieve would be to find out we are out of IBESR. Probably not going to happen on a Monday, but I will accept a belated!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! Hoping you get the best birthday gift of all!
Kerri and Ruby

Not Betty Crocker said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you get great news soon.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
I am hoping for great news of an OUT for you and the girls!!!!

Aves

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!! Praying for good news for you!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day!

Sarah said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday! Wishing that you get some big news soon :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. You made a beautiful choice to adopt those girls!!

daily scripture