Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Loot


Another package going to Illinois, then on to Haiti today. I always seem to get a little carried away at this. It started with the water clogs. I saw some decorative kits at Michaels several months ago for these types of shoes for kids. I thought it was a super-cute idea, So once I started the clogs, I decided they needed a T-shirt to go with. I had not sent any pictures in awhile, and W. LOVES pictures, so I made 2 albums (decorated with leftover clog do-dads) and then went to Walgreens to pick up the photos. While there, had to look in the hair section, and broke down and bought the ballies. The little compacts were right there. I knew those girls would love that. Decided I may as well look in the toy section. Found the little doll-bubble blowing kits....see how this goes?


I used white glue to secure the decorations...I knew the adhesive would not hold up in humidity

I know that many of these items are shared with the masses in the creche, and ultimately destroyed, but I just want my girls to have the knowledge that someone is thinking of them.I hope they have at least a moment of that kind of happiness. I want them to enjoy the attention they receive when a visitor brings them a package. I want them to just have that moment in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative!! Love the stuff for your girls!

Janet

Sarah said...

AWESOME care package! I love the clog idea--you did a great job! I know exactly how you feel when you say that you want them just to have their little moment of feeling special and knowing someone is thinking of them-- I do the same thing too (only with Matchbox cars and Spiderman toys, lol!)

daily scripture