Thursday, April 17, 2008

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

I knew the day was coming when I would post this. My eldest is flying the coop. For real. He is moving to San Francisco. Let's see, that is approximately 2500 miles from here. He is leaving Saturday.

I have mixed feelings about this. I am sad that he will be so far away, but we have family and friends in the Bay Area, so he will have contacts there. His friends have moved out ahead of him, so he already has room-mates, (he'll need them...cost of housing is, shall we say, HIGH) although he does not yet have a job lined up. It is so hard to let go! But I was an independent free spirit (probably still am!) back in the day. I lived in the Bay Area for 10 years, the last 10 years I lived in my native state of California. I lived in San Francisco for one of those years. He's even moving to the Mission District, which is where I lived! So what can I say? It's just that I will miss him, and worry about him. But I am proud of him for doing something different and a little daring.

I'll be booking my flight for a visit in August!

3 comments:

This Mama said...

I am tearing up (smile box show) and it's not even one of my children leaving home!! That was a very sweet slideshow.

What a milestone, and I can see why you are proud of him for his adventurous spirit. What a great reason to visit California! Best of well wishes to him!!! ((Hugs)) for you Mom!!!

Not Betty Crocker said...

How sad and exciting all at the same time. I'm sure you'll miss your boy but what an adventure for him. August is right around the corner-hang in there!

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

he is following in your footsteps, how could a parent couldn't be any prouder!!!

you have been tagged

aves

daily scripture