Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Family Of Adoption

The John McCain family is a family of adoption. Should she become first lady, Cindy McCain says that "Issues of adoption will become her national cause". While on the campaign trail, daughter Meghan and her friends have been blogging about the campaign process, and it's pretty interesting no matter where you fall all the political scale. In the video below, Meghan is talking about children's medical issues in general, and her little sister in particular.

This is not fully mentioned in the video, but when Cindy McCain went to Bangladesh to work with Mother Theresa, and got involved with her orphanage, she made the decision to bring this child home for medical treatment and also to adopt her. She says she knew she had to do it. She did not tell her husband John until she arrived back in the US with her baby bundle. He accepted the situation and said OK! (I'm sure there was more to it than that, but that was the outcome...) Wow! Now that's impressive!

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Thanks for sharing this. I put the video on my blog. He already has my vote because I hate where our values and traditional way of life is going. The same sex marriage thing just creeps me out.

Jenn said...

Ok you are IT!! I tagged you.

daily scripture