Thursday, May 15, 2008

The girls in Haiti



These just came in tonight, courtesy of JK in New Mexico. Check out the school uniforms and the backpacks! To put it all in context, only 2.5 years ago, there were 13 kids at the "O", and they all lived with the director in her (large) house. Now there are over 100 kids, approximately 70 of them here in the "older child" house. School started 6 months ago. The uniforms are new.

I sent them dolls.

W likes dolls

Not so sure about Baby Girl. She likes to take things apart, she likes to play, she likes alot of attention. Which of course, she gets when I am there.

****************************************

Only 35 more days, and I will be there! I feel better about making this trip, being out of IBESR. In fact, I feel better about EVERYTHING, being out! It has been a long wait. Because that is the office that approves the adoption. If you don't get past that, it's over. I was not worried about my qualifications, but there is so much resistance to adoption nowadays, with all kinds of pressure coming from all kinds of groups, you just don't know what is going to happen. And when it takes twice as long as it is supposed to, it's gets worrisome. You try to have faith and be positive, but in my case I saw people that I knew starting to come out that went in months after I did. I am very grateful that I am working with a person that stays on the case(s) does ALL THAT SHE CAN to get these kids home. She is all about the kids. It is impossible for me to express in words my full admiration for this woman.

I hope that the next phase will be speedy, or at least reasonable. And the next, and the last, as far as that goes. By speedy, I'm talking about Christmas. I would love to have them home for Christmas.

9 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Precious!

Jenn said...

The girls are as adorable as ever...I think it's funny that L likes to take things apart, maybe a future engineer?

Nancy Sutterley said...

Pink never looked so angelic before! You and those sweet girls are always somewhere in my thoughts...
/n

Not Betty Crocker said...

So cute! I'm still giddy with excitement that you're out of IBESR. Have a great weekend.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Beautiful pictures. I loved the uniforms too!!

Aves

veggiemom said...

They're beautiful!
My fingers are crossed that your girls do make it home before Christmas.
Kerri and Ruby

Michelle said...

Beautiful Girls!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Girls!

Sarah said...

So pretty in pink! I love the uniforms--I would have given anything for pink Catholic school uniforms (I LOVE pink!).

L looks a bit devious in one of those pics--like she's thinking about just how she could take that doll apart. She looks like one smart cookie--gotta love her!

daily scripture