Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day One

I'm on vacation this week. I can't even begin to explain to you how completely awesome that is! Originally I planned on flying to California to visit friends and family, especially my oldest son in San Francisco. The progress in my adoption forced me to change my plans, as we are getting ready to go into the busy busy school year at work as well as at home...in fact, LG goes back tomorrow, he is in the 10th grade this year! I have things to do around here, and money to save...so San Francisco will have to wait.

Anyway, before I embarked on any big project, I felt like I had to get some creativity out of my system...so this is pretty much what I accomplished on day one....

I had a string of shells I got in Hawaii many years ago and wanted to use them. They were too lightweight, even with the tiger-eye and crystal, so I had 5 of the metal flower beads left over from another project, and they gave the bracelet the weight it needed.

The wire was too thick to go thru the shells so I could not add them to my earrings.

Nothing complicated about this ensemble. Good with jeans and a t-shirt or tank top. I did have to double crimp the ends, as you can see here. Heavier stones can become unstrung if they are not secure. Also, I was able to use a heavier clasp.

I had a weight problem with these hand painted clay beads too. That's why I put the charm on the end of it.

I'm on the black/white bandwagon that has been in full swing for the last year or so. These ended up being my favorite. The hearts were on sale at Hobby Lobby for $0.50! I got the last package. The black Czech glass beads were $1.00.

Today I have to get serious about deep cleaning my house. You know how much I love that! So I'm done beading for a few days. Although I have visions of what I want to do next running thru my head....

4 comments:

Janet said...

Your jewelry is beautiful! You should sell it! I use to and made pretty good on it. Mine just does not even compare to the beauty of yours! Love it.

Unknown said...

Looks nice - great job.

Little Patch of Heaven said...

You are very talented. Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Sarah said...

You have such a gift, M! Hope you have (had?) a wonderful vacation :)

daily scripture