Saturday, August 9, 2008

No News Because I Have No News




I have not posted any adoption news lately because I don't have any to post right now. We are in the final stage of adoption that the Haitian government requires, and have been there a little over two weeks. Since adoption time frames in Haiti change on a regular basis, I can only go by the time frame (which could change at any time) of my friends just ahead of me. The last group that exited MOI took an average of about 15 or 16 weeks. The Canadians in that group have their children home, and the Americans are still waiting on the Embassy to process their visas for their children. It seems safe to say at this point that the visa process, American style, is adding (optimally) at least 2-3 months to the process. Some O's take longer, but our director works incredibly hard at keeping it all moving. Theoretically we could have a homecoming before Christmas, and just as easily---not. I am hoping and praying for the first option.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm praying you get your angels home by the holidays, too. I do think you have a decent shot at it--our file got stuck in MOI (I think we were around 19 weeks) because it had several mistakes that needed to be fixed, including going back to courts for a document to be reissued. And the same with our passports.

Hopefully by the time you're out of MOI there will be a more effective system in place for getting the Visa. It seems that our group is catching M at a very hectic time, and things should calm down soon.

daily scripture