Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Haitian Surprise!

I woke up to these this morning----what a way to start your day!




Doesn't my baby girl look so sweet? As I have blogged here on several occasions she is a pistol in disguise. Even her 15 year old brother observed that on our Christmas trip :)


Check out W in the background up against the pillar.


Much thanks to L in Colorado for taking these pictures. It's been a long time, and I almost started bawling when I saw those faces today. It makes me realize how much I bind up my heart, trying to protect myself during this wait.



Pictures of the new "O" the kids have moved to. I admit I feel better about the move after some friends talked some sense into me (thanks) and also it helps to see these pictures. L and her agency group went down there to help them move...no small task! They were delayed due to Faye, but they made it there, got the job done, and made it back!


Now, here comes Gustav.


It's expected to hit the SW peninsula today, which is where we are now, so please, if you are the praying kind, pray for the safety of the people in the path of this storm. I confess, I was relieved when I saw this picture in the bunch. You know your life has changed when you get excited about a generator!

4 comments:

This Mama said...

I too felt emotional looking at the pictures. I have really been keeping everything tightly bottled up inside.
This weekend (not intentionally) we rented three movies for Rob and I that had adoption as part of the themes. All of them intense movies with strong emotional punchlines. I was able to sort of release everything building up. It sure felt good. I too was nervous about the move, and still am a bit. But the new place looks wonderful....I have to admit :)

veggiemom said...

Great pics! The new O looks really nice. Hopeing that Gustav misses Haiti...
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

A Blessed Life said...

Something about this whole Haitian adoption process makes us all crazy! We'll never be the same! Wasn't it just amazingly grand to finally see pictures of our sweeties again?

Anonymous said...

Awwww..... soo soo sweet.... The girls are beautiful!

The new O looks nice... I am praying that you babies will be home soon!


God Bless.

daily scripture