Sunday, August 31, 2008

At The Stadium *** Georgia 45 Georgia Southern 21




Well, folks, here he is, UGA VII. Isn't he just the cutest? I hear he fell asleep at the game, as it was somewhat of a snoozer...we won 45-21...and it was blazing hot. That I can attest to, as we were right outside the stadium doing our thing!





We were set up early, but it did not take long to get busy. The game was sold out, and the reports were that there were 15,000 people just hanging around partying and/or trying to get tickets.





I have a fantastic staff, so I was able to take off with my camera for some photo ops. First stop was the pre-game pep rally called the "Dawg Walk"







OK, look carefully at the video. You will see our mascot, "Hairy Dawg" AND quarterback sensation Matthew Stafford (#7) in the crowd.



For years I wondered why they were playing "Glory, Glory Hallelujah". Finally I wised up and realized it was "Glory, Glory To Old Georgia". Have I ever mentioned here that I am an adopted daughter of the South????




Please forgive my herky-jerky on that video. See the guy at the top of the stairs with the red shirt and white hat on? I was standing one step below him, and Blondie was in front of me jumping up and down so I got plenty of back-of-the-head-shot of her







I made the decision to get back to my drink tent by forging this crowd. It was not the best decision I've ever made. It took me about 20 minutes to get across this bridge!!! And then I got railroaded and missed the stairs. So I just stayed where I was for awhile and took more photos.


My intention was to go DOWN these stairs. But after forging the bridge, I stayed up here till the crowd thinned out.



There's my tent! So close, yet so far away!!!













This guy is taking this little bitty baby (maybe 2 months old?) to where I have just been....ugh! Not a good idea IMO....



Finally things are thinning out, the game is ready to begin, people are scrambling to get inside the stadium...






It's another football Saturday @ Georgia!



I'll close with this cute little baby picture of our new bulldog...not sure when it was taken. His pedigree name is "Loran's Best".





He is the son of UGA VI, and he now weighs 56.5 pounds. Holy Smokes! He's gonna be a (another) damn good dawg!

1 comment:

Elder Cook said...

We have been watching tons of college football and when Georgia's playing I always think of you.
Crystal

daily scripture