Tuesday, September 23, 2008

End Of An Era

I caught a news flash of this last night, and I was hoping it was not true (I don't have TV...I know, we'll talk about that on another day) but when I looked at the paper this morning I see it IS true:



"Larry Munson, Voice of the Dogs, Retiring"



You just have to be a local football fan to appreciate the monumental headline that is. Larry has been the announcer for the Dogs since...forever! He is 86 years old and had surgery for a brain tumor last year. After that he came back and announced home games only. This year he made it 2 games and has suddenly called it quits. So, no good. Fans and players will do "Blackout" again this Saturday, to make a statement.



My absolute favorite way to watch Georgia Football is with the TV on (at my friends house), the sound turned down, and the radio UP with Munson in full form. The only problem is the television broadcast always has a five-minute delay, so Munson calls the play and then you have to watch for it...makes for interesting viewing!



Check out this video ( this one loads slow: wait for it) to see Larry Munson in action. Also, guy #2 has a real strong southern accent, and even down here you do not hear that much anymore.



*********************************************************



In adoption news it appears we are in for a slow down. This is never good news, but it is unavoidable. MOI stands for "Minister of Interior" and this is the stage we are in now, the last in the Haitian process. In fact, I'm pretty sure we were close to exiting. But MOI , if I understand correctly, is about archiving. I hope I am stating this correctly. They don't just deal with adoptions. All the flooding and so many deaths has slowed down the other office work. And how sad it is. So we wait.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

EEEKKKKK!!! I keep trying to read this whole post, but each time I see a mouse or read of your encounters, I pass out, lol!

I am with you sister. . .NOTHING terrifies me more than those bastards. NOTHING. I shudder to even read about it.

May the force be with you. Know I'm on my knees praying for you. Keep us posted!

daily scripture