Sunday, September 7, 2008

Work, Work, Work....

At the Art's Festival on Friday


Lots of activity going on right now, lots of hard work, and no days off this week. Fortunately, I see light at the end of the tunnel (next week-end), and today I actually just feel grateful that I have half a day off! Isn't that crazy?


I have always had a strong work ethic, some would say too strong. It's not that hard for me to fall into work-a-holic tendencies. That can be destructive and a downward spiral, if it becomes *all about me*. I've learned that there are more important things than career. Time, and especially time with dear friends and family, is something you cannot get back. I have matured. I have learned my identity is not all about my career. I fight for balance now. I fight so that my energy does not get completely sucked up daily by my job. It's a big fight. I am surrounded by people that are sprinting to get ahead. Many of them do not have children, and I say more power to them as they pass me by, but what I am most proud of now is BALANCE. Don't get me wrong. I still work hard and am (usually) proud of my work. I still have a job in which I directly effect the lives of others and have to make hard decisions sometimes. I still have a job in which I am virtually on call 24/7. So it's not exactly a cakewalk. And sometimes, like this time of year, just have to put alot of time in.



That being said....I believe in enjoying myself whenever possible!




Georgia 56 vs. Central Michigan 17






A late afternoon kick-off brought all the party hounds out early. And yes, it was HOT outside!

We are set up and waiting for the crowd...

My new boss does not know I took her picture...(hehe)

This is my long-time good friend who really showed me the ropes in the 12 + years I have been here. She is retiring this week, and this is her last game. It's gonna be pretty weird without her.

And, me being me. In a moment of vanity, I decided I hated looking like I did in that last picture to see if I could do better...made the decision I can never be photographed in a sitting position again!!!

Last but not least, some great video of the game itself. The kid they are talking about (#24) may be up for the Heisman Trophy. That's the talk on the college football circuit. Just talk for now. We will see.

No comments:

daily scripture