Sunday, September 21, 2008

Georgia 27 vs. Arizona State 10


Why do I love football (and other competitive sports) so much? Blame it on my dad. For the first 11 years of my life he had no sons to raise. Being the oldest, he projected all that energy and more, onto me. It stuck. I would sit with him for hours watching professional football on the week-ends. I was never one of those sports widows either. I was right in there with the guys, hollering. When I moved South, all that was transferred from professional to college sports. Because, after all, down here, it's religion. And besides that what other choice is there when you go from the Raiders and the 49er's (they WILL rise again!) to the Falcons....? I do, and always have, loved the Atlanta Braves too. But that is another subject.

Georgia went to Arizona State and put it to them. See some video here. Next week we play 'Bama at home. That game will be huge, in more ways than one. It's an 8pm kickoff, which means ABC is broadcasting. The drive from Tuscaloosa is only about 4 hours, so we will see alot of crimson in the pre-game crowd. Likely plenty of drunk folks too, as they will have all day to imbibe. Stay tuned for photos.

10,000 Bulldog fans went to Tempe for the game. I was slightly jealous. If I ever move back West, Arizona is on the top of my list. Yes, I know it can be real hot. And??? I doubt it beats Georgia in July, which is like Haiti with air conditioning. Not saying that is going to happen, just saying it could. I think I have enough Southern in me now that if I left I would miss it. But all my family is out there, and at least I would only be a day-trip away from them. It's just so confusing and confounding sometimes to think about. And nothing I have to worry about today!


2 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

I dream of moving to different places all the time.

aves

laura said...

Marta, You'll know you're a true southerner when you go to the local High School football game and you don't even have a child playing!! lol

daily scripture