Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Random Thoughts Before The Madness Begins


The folks in our tiny hamlet are a traditional and patriotic bunch. I wanted to get a photo of this Veteran's Memorial the *City* Council put up, before the Nativity replaces it.











I realize that Veteran's Day was two weeks ago, but by putting up this memorial it reminds me that everyday is Veterans Day. I found it to be very moving, and have been wanting to photograph it, but between being busy and bad weather, it did not happen until yesterday.







NOW


My Jeep came back from the shop with a new front end, all shiny.





THEN



Can't even tell the difference, except it's alot cleaner. And I need to replace the 'Georgia' tag on the front bumper that got demolished.





Sammy is growing up fast. His favorite activities are scaring the crap out of rodents (seems they've moved away...yay!) and watching the computer screen when I'm trying to blog...



And we just got news that our French-Canadian friend from Montreal brought her kids home from Haiti as of yesterday. Kids making it home is ALWAYS a good thing.



So much to be grateful for!

I love Christmas, but I hate the retail madness that inevitably ensues.After tomorrow, the madness begins. I'm going to try not to get sucked into it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a lovely display! I'm glad that you shared that with us.

I must admit, seeing WalMart advertise the Nerf Gunny-thingy which is the ONLY thing Atticus wants for Christmas this year for $10 on Black Friday (I bought it yesterday for $35) had my little mind wheels going pretty fast for a minute. I was calculating how to get there and get it (people actually sleep out overnight in front of the WalMart store here. . .in the freezing cold). Then it occurred to me that I would probably be too tempted to buy tons of stuff I don't need, ruining my $25 profit margin.

So instead I'm just going to sleep in . . .

daily scripture