Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sisterhood Of The Traveling Teddy Bears


It appears that my girls will be spending another Christmas at the orphanage, so I'm sending a package via a traveling mom in our group. I got those felt gift bags at Target in the dollar bin, and put all the hair doo-dads, beads, candy, and necklace in the bags.


It's going to be a very Tinkerbell Christmas!


Originally I bought these dolls for the girls, because W got one like it last year, and both girls LOVED all the hair accessories. But I decided against sending them. I will just keep them for when they get home. All those little parts will get lost, and the dolls would become community property in short time. I substitute the teddy-bears instead.

I was hoping to get all that stuff in a large zip-loc, but no, it did not happen. Having to put them in two bags for each girl *forced* me to go out on Black Friday and buy that big spool of wired ribbon I saw at Sam's for $8.00!

I have also found it helpful to put their pictures on packages I send so they don't go to the wrong kid. I crop one of their photos and laminate it at Kinko's,put a hole punch in it and tie it up in the ribbon.

Mama L, beware the glitter from that ribbon as you travel! I have it all over my dining table now!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What awesome packages! I love the knit sweaters on those bears. . . adorable. I bet they will be so excited!

daily scripture