Monday, February 2, 2009

My Girl In Haiti Turns 9 Today


On your birthday,I’m thinking about how much light and sparkle

you freely dispense wherever you go,
how your sunny smile
lights up any gathering.

Every birthday marks another year

of you radiating positive, happy energy,contagious happiness

that infects all who come in contact with you.

May your next birthday find you the same--glowing from within,

beaming bright joy on everyone you meet.

I feel blessed to know you.

Happy Birthday little darling. It goes without saying that it hurts today to pass this milestone again and not have you home. It hurts to see you grow another year older by yourself. It hurts because I wonder if you even know it is your birthday today. It hurts because I was hoping to buy you a shiny new bike for your birthday.


I do know there is a silver lining in all life's trials. Most things of value demand difficulty. And you, my darling, have suffered much more than I have, and yet, look how strong and full of hope you are! May we all learn from your example.



Happy Birthday, Little One


May Your Homecoming Be Soon!


10 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Happy Birthday Widmina!!!!!!

Your Yankee Aunt from the north!!

Aves

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl!!!!! 9!!!!!! Wow!

This Mama said...

Happy Birthday sweet Widmina!!
I wish you home soon.

Elder Cook said...

Happy Birthday cute girl. I hope you are home oh so soon.

veggiemom said...

Happy birthday, Widmina!!!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Great post M-put the "suffering" into perspective for me. Our kids have suffered much more than this adoption wait I am enduring.

Even so, I hope yours and ours are home soon!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Widmina!! You'll be home for the next one!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Widmina! You are a beautiful girl!

And ((((hugs)))) to Mama, because it is SO hard marking those milestones from afar, especially when you are so close to bringing them where they belong.

sarah said...

Happy Birthday Widmina!!!
PS The letters I got for my daughters room, came from good ol' Walmart. They came white washed but I went over them with some white paint than hot glued the ribbon on.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Widmina!

daily scripture