Saturday, October 25, 2008

Walk Thru, Tate II


Yesterday was exciting at work because we had a walk-thru on the new site. The new site is connected to the old site, and I am currently working at the old site, so that makes life interesting. When it is all said and done, the whole thing will be one seamless (?) Student Center and I will have 4 new restaurant concepts to manage. In case you don't know this about me, I thrive on challenge!

Old concept meets new

Three of the four new concepts

(Hotei's Asian Grill looks like 'Hottie's Asian Girl' in the graphic, and I believe that is a picture of a Mongolian Grill, not a donut!!!)
I have been fortunate to have been systematically presented with new opportunities since I came to work here 12 years ago. This is my 3rd time working with new construction
(Chick-fil-A 2002, East Village Commons 2004, and now Tate II)
And I'm pretty jacked.
But then, this is what I had been doing in school. Most people think Interior Design is decorating. I like to say that is the icing on the cake. Interior Design, not to be confused with Interior Decorating, is space planning, and requires a good working knowledge of architecture and construction. Commercial design is what I have been studying so I am in my element. Even though all that is on hold for now, I still love this stuff.




View of the stadium from the 5th floor

Roof not finished here

The Grand Staircase

View from the top of the stairs

I love wearing a hard-hat!

Safety glasses and the neon vest are also a nice touch.

The last 5 pictures were taken with my cell phone; it was pretty dark in there.

No comments:

daily scripture