Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Manic Monday...Wait, It's Tuesday!

Yesterday started pretty well. It was payday, and that is ALWAYS a bonus. I went to find gas on my way to work and lucked out on my first try. Colonial Pipeline is at full throttle again, finally, but the media says it will take two weeks to assuage the shortage. As I stated previously, I don't believe the media anymore. While the situation may still be dicey in Atlanta, looking around here I started seeing many more pumps open, compared to last week.



Lynda came into the office after I did, which is unusual. She had not been feeling up to par the day before and she still looked under the weather. She also asked to leave early, also unusual, which was fine, because she really was not looking well. She was scheduled to have 2 more stints put in on Thursday, and I was thinking she really needed to get better before that procedure. She never did tell me she was having chest pains. The short story is she never made it out of the parking lot. I would not have known that if her daughter had not called me looking for her. After three doses of nitro glycerin she went to the hospital in an ambulance. The good news is she suffered no permanent damage to her heart and they are going to try to do the stint procedure today. So if you are the praying kind, please think of her today and in the days that follow this procedure.



Lynda did not want to go to the hospital after her third dose of nitro. I got on the phone with Emergency and while I was dialing and told her to quit ***king around. Her eyes got all big, but she said 'OK'. I'm bossy like that sometimes. My dad had a major heart attack at the age of 58. It almost got him. He hated going to the hospital, or the doctor, for anything. He thought he was bulletproof. But he somehow drove himself there that day. The images of him in the ICU (for weeks after) will never leave me. Or the fact that he had to wait 3 months to get his strength back in order to have quintuple by-pass surgery, and it took the better part of a year to recover from that. Ultimately, 18 years later he had valve replacement, and it was complications from that which took him from this earth. I am not prepared to lose my best friend at the age of 48 because she is stubborn.



After all that I still managed to get a some work done, but I left a little early. I went back to Lowes and got 3 more sound devices to plug into my walls, as I continue to fight those bastard rodents that are trying to take over my house. They are called "Sonic Pest Chasers" and I now have one in every room. They have been the most effective weapon. My kitty has jumped into the fight since I trimmed the bushes around the back steps. She has a better view now for her aging eyes. She had one of vermin enemy between her paws, pretty much completely dis-embowled, yesterday when I left the house. Good Kitty. Go Kitty. I am feeding her SPARINGLY.



And finally, in adoption news, rumour has it that MOI is working on adoptions again....yay!

3 comments:

Innocent said...

Bossy? You could have gotten me there on your broom quicker!

I do thank you for calling them (I think) and do not plan on going anywhere anytime soon...I intend on being around for my neices and your gorgeous daughters coming home!

Marta said...

Innocent,

I think you should start blogging already so I can know if you are behaving yourself!

Anonymous said...

hummm, I had thought about it, but after keeping up with your blog and your talent for writing I am not sure I should....I guess I could do a blog "red neck style" LOL

daily scripture