Friday, March 6, 2009

Aftermath





5 days later and we still have snow on the ground. It *will* be gone today, as the temperatures will reach 70 degrees today, and it's supposed to go to 78 degrees tomorrow! The yard will be soggy but I am going to try to get my flower beds weeded and re-mulched this week-end so I can get that out of the way, at least for awhile. Still have some broken limbs and branches to deal with also.

These mini's did well under the eaves


Unprotected and crushed

Broken and bi-sected



Violas did well even tho they were covered in inches of snow just days ago

This is part of the tree that is still stuck in the power-line. I'm not touching it!

And in adoption news, I have learned that the girl's files are definitely at the Embassy. They may have their medicals next week, and that is the last requirement. I will be praying for smooth sailing!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm praying for smooth sailing for your files as well :)

I'm marveling over all the flowers you have! And green plants. Outside! I think I'm ready to move to a warmer climate.

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

How exciting, I am waiting for the come get your girls news!!! SOON, VERY SOON!!!!!

Aves

daily scripture