Saturday, March 14, 2009

Waiting For The Next Move

It's been a crazy couple of days. I have to admit that getting the news that my fingerprints had expired really threw me. I did spring immediately into action by emailing the adoption division at USCIS Atlanta, outlining the situation. An officer emailed me early the next morning, before 8 am, asking me to fax certain documents. Which I did. Thursday morning they emailed again stating they had received the documents and that they would schedule me for the next available appointment, and that I should just wait to hear from them. I have no idea if that is going to be by phone, by email, or by snail-mail, because truthfully I have heard from them in the past by all those methods. But I heard nothing on Friday, and nothing today. I do have a phone # passed to me by a friend. (You know these are the most difficult offices to reach directly on the face of the planet) I called it Friday afternoon and got a voice mail that directed me to another phone #, which I called. And got another voicemail. But this person does deal directly with adoption. She said in her message that she might call back if this was an absolute emergency --(leaving the possibility open that she might not- - - if she did not consider it an emergency) Otherwise, she said, please email. So there I was, back to square one. If I don't hear from them by mid-week next week I might have to consider it an absolute emergency. It feels like one to me.


The good thing is I only live a little over an hour from the fingerprinting office, about the same for the field office. So once I can proceed I won't have any real traveling obstacles except for Atlanta traffic, which is always an obstacle, but one I have dealt with many times.


If anyone reading this has any inside knowledge on what to do next, I'm all ears.


**************************


Anyway, I could wallow in self pity but I decided to do a 'beauty parlor' day today instead, and colored and cut my hair. The grey was starting to show itself (I swear it multiplied itself by the 10th power in the last 3 days) and I had to lopp about 2 & 1/2 inches off the bottom, it was really getting stringy.



I don't usually cut my own hair but I did not want to fight with the salon. I just wanted the bottom cut, and I knew that they'd want to "trim those layers". Well, I'm trying to grow all those crazy layers out. Sometimes you just have to do what ya gotta do.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

You look great! Hang in there, and just keep doing the next thing in front of you to do.

veggiemom said...

No tips on the whole fingerprinting business (but I'm very impressed you got a phone #). Hoping your appointment is scheduled very soon!!!

Jennifer said...

HA, I just cut 4 inches off the bottom of mine this week too!

Can your social worker call? My social worker had a "connection" and asked for it to be expedited.
Just a thought.
I hope you hear VERY soon.

Sarah said...

You look fabulous! I love the hair. . and your eyebrows are to die for!

I'm praying that you get the news you want to hear on Monday about the fingerprints :)

sarah said...

When mine expired I just made an apt. online with our local USCIS(I got in right away). When I showed up at the apt. I just told them I needed to redo my fingerprints and they gave me a slip I took straight to the fingerprint place, they fingerprinted and then I was done. I don't know if it would work the same for you?

Marta said...

Sarah I guess the office here runs differently, all this runaround I've done this week is an attempt at making an appointment.

Jennifer the social worker is a good idea; she has moved home to Wisconsin but I'm sure she still has her contacts in that office as she worked with them for many years. It's worth a shot.

daily scripture