Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Great Big Relief




Yesterday was the day. I drove thru a downpour, but I got it done. I got my fingerprints redone.

I can't tell you how much better I feel. I emailed a copy of the receipt (which is really just the gov't form they send you for access) with the technician's signature on it, and dated, to the embassy in Haiti. It has a barcode on it, so hopefully they can use that to find my re-prints. I don't know if I get more paperwork or not...(probably, this is the government) Even the little Korean man that took my prints said he did not understand why they need reprints. He just shook his head in bewildered amazement at the whole thing. His accent was heavy, but I think he told me 'they' like to create work :) Ya think??? He also asked me alot of questions about international adoption. Mrs. K, I hope I was a good ambassador.


I also shipped off a little package for the girls to a traveling mom leaving for Haiti Wednesday. We don't get the opportunity to send much anymore. She is not going directly to the creche, so hopefully the package will make it to it's final destination! I did not spend much $ I love the dollar bin @ Target. I LOVE IT! I did spend some time on the photo album. It's been awhile since they've had one from me. It seems the older kids like the stuff you bring them, but they LOVE the photo albums. Especially when it has pictures of them in it!



Those little baskets are felt. Target Dollar Bin.


This morning when I went to pick up the last of the photos at Walgreens I saw these and I had to get them...




They were selling them as Easter Baskets, ($2.00 each) but any fool can see that's a little girl's spring/summer handbag. Duh!



I'm saving them for when they get home, since that straw would last about 5 minutes at the creche. And hoping they get them before they go out of season....

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you got that over with. Too bad the weather was bad. Loved the pictures of all your spring blossoms.
One step closer! They are going to LOVE their care package!

veggiemom said...

Congrats on getting your fingerprints redone!!!

Sarah said...

I woke up on Friday morning and 'thought, Today's SMG's day! I'm so happy that you were able to get it done :)

Those little Target DT baskets are so cute. And I'm about to show the Mister your blog and send him on his merry way to Walgreens--those little bags are precious!

Leslie said...

That's great that you got the fingerprints re-done! The baskets and care packages are so cute--they will love them and know they are loved.

Not Betty Crocker said...

I'm sure you were a great ambassador! The girls will love the goodies. The little straw purses are adorable.

This Mama said...

I am so glad you were able to get your fingerprints done. Cute stuff for your girls :)

Who is going?

Marta said...

Jill. She left on April 1.

daily scripture