Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Good News & The Bad News


The Good News

Yesterday I sent an email to USCIS Haiti asking to (once again) extend my application for my I600, which was filed in June and has needed to be extended every 3 months since. Today I received an email from them stating that there is no need for an extension because my case had reached the approval stage, and they would let me know about the transfer to the consular section. (Question: does this mean we are approved? Or still waiting???) At this point, it does not really matter because....


The Bad News

I then received another email stating that my fingerprints expired on March 8, 2008 and we cannot proceed until that is rectified.


I am just sick.

I know it's not the end of the world and I know others reading this have gone thru the same. But IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!!

FYI readers, so you don't get caught in this same trap....fingerprinting issues are not contingent on when your I600A is approved. Your timeline (you have 15 months) starts as soon as the FBI receives your prints, which in my case was about 4 days after the fingerprinting appointment.

Can you say DAMN!

I can. And I have. And I will.

DAMN!

6 comments:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

OK, I say Damn, Damn, with you. I can only imagine how irritated you must feel.

Aves

Janet said...

I can say damn, I have already experienced the wrath of the not knowing about the finger print date line. Hope it's a quick process for you.

This Mama said...

oh that explains the spinning. Damn.
Up, down, round and round this process goes eh?

Jennifer said...

DAMN!!!! If it's not one thing, it's another. So frustrating! I would start feeling bi-polar!! i hope you're okay. Hang in there.

Leslie said...

I'm sorry! I had a similar experience with the fingerprinting that expired right when I was about to get my daughter from Ethiopia. You might already know the procedure but if not, I'm happy to walk you through it--email me at esperanzadelalma@gmail.com if you need. This is the kind of situation that a Senator's office can help expedite--getting the approval moved from USCIS to the National Visa Center and to the Embassy in some kind of timely way. I know how stressful it is!! But YAY that you are getting close to the approval!

Sarah said...

Damn is right! The entire fingerprinting process is just stupid beyond words, in my opinion. Praying that it goes quickly for you :)

daily scripture