Friday, January 16, 2009

Flashback Friday***First Tux

Being a transplant to the South is sort of like being a 'foreigner'. For two years, LG's stepmom and dad put him in a social program called "Perfectly Polished", which is sort of like a cross between Charm School and Cotillion. Huh??? As a West-Coaster, I had no idea this kind of stuff still existed, or that LG would be in the least interested in it. I'm not sure how interested he really was, but he did it for two years, and he learned how to dance,(with girls, properly) and got to wear a tux. Which he looked very handsome in. At the end of the school year, the kids, age 6 to 18, put on a big program at the University Coliseum. For the last dance number, the kids dance with their parent. Here we are, year one (2004), thanks to NG behind the camera!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! How cool is that? I wish they had something like that here for my boys. For now, I have a type of boys' Home Ec program called Lessons in Responsibility for Boys. But I'd give anything to have a Perfectly Polished program up here!

Great photo!

A Blessed Life said...

How handsome he looks! You know, I've lived in the south all my life and I've never heard of a program like that.
There is nothing like a guy in a tux. I remember my wedding and how sharp all the guys looked in their tuxes. It was the first and only time I've seen my hubby in one. Ooh La La!

Jennifer said...

Wow, it's incredible how much he looks like you in this picture. What a nice memory.

daily scripture