Monday, January 12, 2009

Wyclef Jean's Hope For Haiti




Once you experience Haiti, it's difficult not to feel the pull. I understand this man's passion at least to a tiny degree and I admire his tenacity. He uses his money and his influence to try to make Haiti a better place. I'm sure he faces plenty of opposition in this, but he refuses to give up. This is his homeland. He refuses to give up on these people, and God Bless Him for that.

This link goes to his organization. Certain products that are on the market contribute directly to his charity. For example, I bought a Caribbean music CD, and that record label contributes a certain % of sale to Yele Haiti.

5 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Thanks so much for posting this. My sister called me last night to see if I had seen it and I didn't even know it was on. It was a great piece.

blessedfamily said...

What I admire the most is that he refuses to give up on HIS OWN people and will do everything in his financial power to help them and to bring awareness to their plight.

Seems like a great organization.

Jennifer said...

He was on 60 minutes last night! I was watching and thinking of your girls! He is doing wonderful things! I just got my official referral for my girls today!! We'll have them home before we know it!!
Jenny

Journey said...

I saw that on 60 min too....I love that man!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is Tracy with Fabric.com. For mentioning Fabric.com on your blog, I have a special gift I would like to give to you and your readers.

At your convenience, please call me at 1-888-455-2940 ext. 214 or you can email me at tracy@fabric.com.

Hope to hear from your soon!

Tracy Jackson
Affiliate/Donation Coordinator

daily scripture