Friday, January 2, 2009

In 2009




In 2009, it looks like these girls will finally come home. Perhaps even early 2009. They have been submitted for passports, which is the very last stage of the Haitian process. Once those are obtained, their files are submitted to USCIS for visa approval. Somewhere in there they have a medical examination. The birth parent interview has been completed and there is no request for DNA. That sounds like clear sailing, doesn't it? Alas, there is no such thing in adoption matters! Because human error---as in paperwork in any of these latter stages---can, and has occurred. And that causes delay. Not that I am trying to jinx us, it's just the reality and I have to do my best to be prepared for it. However, the orphanage director says they are coming home soon! So I am praying that this is the case!

6 comments:

A Blessed Life said...

Your girls always take the prettiest pictures!

Janet said...

Praying for a home coming soon!

Salzwedel Family said...

Your girls are so beautiful! Praying their time in Haiti is short in 2009.

blessedfamily said...

what cute pictures! I agree with ABL, they take some of the best photos. So photogenic, so very beautiful! Can't wait until they get home!

As for your question;... I haven't yet been back to GA (we were supposed to for Christmas, but it didn't pan out). BUT I plan to visit sometime this year.

Kathy Cassel said...

I hope these last few steps go quickly!

Sarah said...

Oh, I am praying for smooth sailing all the way home for you and your pretty daughters! It has happened, so we'll claim that for your files as well :)

daily scripture