Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shout-Out To My Michigan Friends



Shout out to the S family from Michigan. They are bringing their son home today. This picture was from our trip just over a year ago. Little J is not in the photo because unfortunately he was sick and had to go back to the creche the last 2 days we were there. For me what has happened each time I travel is that the families become somewhat bonded. We become emotionally invested in each other's adoption. Mr. S was there with his daughter M, who is the same age as LG, so it worked out well. As you can see from the photo, W is completely comfortable with M, the daughter. This is right before I took the girls back to the creche: LG and I were leaving. Mr S and daughter M went over there with us. I remember Mr. S asking the director if she thought little J would be home within the year. I was thinking---no way man, y'alls file is months behind ours! I guess God had different ideas. And please understand, I am very happy this little boy is coming home today to his loving family. Anytime a child comes home it is a victory and nothing short of a miracle.
Welcome home little J. May your life be filled with happiness and opportunity. You are well loved!

No comments:

daily scripture