Friday, January 23, 2009

Flashback Friday***Sisters



One of the most precious gifts I have been given here on earth are my sisters. I do have an abundance of them, as you can see. We're even missing one in this picture. This photo was taken the day of my Dad's funeral and sadly one sister chose not to attend.


My sisters are my touchstones. They are the people that will love you when you feel like no one else can. They are the people that will give you a dose of reality, no holds barred. And it might make you mad. But you will love them for it. They are my biggest cheerleaders in life. They are my closest confidants. It's really hard living so far away from them as they are all in California and I am ....not. And it has been that way for 14 years now. We have never gotten used to this.


Having sisters is the reason I chose to adopt sisters. Some adoptive parents create that for their girls. In our case, I have been blessed in being able to preserve it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love this new picture, and totally agree with you about the sister bond......i'm so glad our girls have that and will keep it!!

Sarah said...

How wonderful! I loved this post. Makes me want to call my sister right now (although I'm sure she's asleep). Thank you for celebrating sisters!

daily scripture