Thursday, October 25, 2007

Do What You Must

You will be happy to know, I have abandoned my hillbilly ways, and my front yard is back to normal. I'm sure my neighbors are relieved!

Over the past 10 years, my mantra has become "sometimes you just do what you have to do". Sometimes I find I have to accept things I really don't want to. Like a really old toilet sitting in my front yard.

Yes, it goes against everything I believe in!!!!! But my schedule was absolutely packed with previous commitments on Monday and Tuesday, and the landfill was not open on Sunday. Plus I had to arrange for a truck since there is no way that stuff was going to fit in my Jeep.

So here is how I arranged for the truck. My ex-husband's truck. I asked him if I could use it for Wednesday and he said yes but he would be out of town. However, since his wife would be at home, she could relinquish it to me. However, he forgot to tell her about this. Until I called and left a message for her yesterday morning. Then she called him and got the news. So she was not really a happy camper when I arrived. The truck was in the back yard full of mulch. I had to watch the babies while she went outside and unloaded and brought the truck around.Did I mention it was raining? The 6 month old screamed and screamed, and I was determined to make that STOP which I finally did by finding a hanging mirror and showing her to herself. She got so fascinated she immediately quit the screaming, and then I became her friend. There I was, walking around the house I used to own with my ex-husband's baby, with the other eye on the toddler.

So, I finally get the truck, drive back across the county to my house, and load the truck with the toilet and everything else that went along with it...sink, vanity, rotten lumber, etc. I get my mom in the truck and we drive across the county again, then south to the landfill. I am soooo happy to unload!!!! Then we drive back to drop the truck off, and my mom pretty much insists on meeting the new wife, (new to her, they have been married 8 years!) so we go thru all that. She then has to see the babies and check out the house of course. Finally I get her out of there, and I get back home, in my Jeep, with my mom, to a debris-free front yard.

Sometimes you just do what you have to do!

1 comment:

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

You are an emotionally stronger woman than I would be if I had to deal with an ex-husband, his wife and their children...Way to go Sister!!!!!

Aves

daily scripture