Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Almost Finished New Bathroom...And Moms

I have not posted in over a week, mostly due to time constraints. Work has been more of a bear than usual. My mother is arriving today from Boise for a 2 week visit!!! And for the past two week-ends, I have been having my ONE bathroom completely gutted and redone. New subfloor, tub, surround, new toi-toi, new pedestal sink, new fixtures, new paint, new tile....whew, did I forget anything??? I was planning on being completely done, but alas, I still have some painting and tile work to finish. I also have a yard full of rotten lumber and bathroom fixtures that I cannot get hauled until tomorrow! My mom has not been down here to visit me in 11 years, I'm sure she will be real impressed with that! WELCOME mom!


Meanwhile, on the adoption front...I was a little worried about Lovely, in her latest pictures she had on some of the same clothes she wore the last 2 days I saw her. During the summer, they were fine on her but in the latest pictures, they are literally falling off. I also noticed an orange tinge to her hair that I had not seen before, and that was worrying me. I finially called Marie last night and asked her if Lovely had been ill lately, and I told her my worries. She said oh, no no, and then went off on a long explanation that I did not understand a word of, so I just said uh-huh. I did get the no she had not been ill part though.



See, I can be a neurotic mom from thousands of miles away, as well as right here at home!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBdJ2aCXBRA

Please enjoy the video, this was taken by a visitor about 10 days ago. It really gives you the feeling of being there, and how the kids all clamor. Except Widmina. She is, as usual on the side lines. Which is exactly where she was the first time I laid eyes on her. Bless her sweet little heart. And Lovely's dress is falling off. Maybe just a growth spurt?

No comments:

daily scripture