Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nature Walk

I decided to get away from the chaos that is my life this week-end, and take the little dog out to the local nature trail and lake this morning.


After the bridge, the turtle and the ducks, we got to the botanical garden

Then we veered off this nice garden path and got lost in the woods. Which was OK with me because I knew I couldnt really get lost, that I'd find my way out eventually. It was fun, for a minute I was transported back to my childhood when we used to run wild all summer in the mountains of Northern California.

Then my day dream was shattered by the awareness of heavy traffic from a 4 lane highway not too far in the distance, and I knew for sure I wasn't lost!


My son now considers these kind of outings pointless and boring, at least with me.(It would be different if his friends, or his "girlfriend" suggested it) So I have to force them on the dog, but he's OK with that! We hiked around for over an hour. I found myself looking forward to the day when I have my girls here, and we can go out and do these kinds of things together. I will make sure we do it often...before they turn into teenagers!

3 comments:

This Mama said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog...those photos WERE great this past week - there are some really stunning ones of your girls They are beautiful! they seems so peaceful, or like there is a real calmness to them.
~Mandy :)

Marta said...

Thanks Mandy---they have only lived at the O since June, I met them in July. They are very well behaved in public, but they cut loose somewhat in private. W. does not look for the camera, but L. loves it!!!! So when parents take pictures, I always end up with more of the little one!!!! I can't wait to meet your sweet peas on my next trip!

Jenn said...

I used to love it when my children actually wanted to be seen in public with me....now it's just us and the two youngest.

daily scripture